Headache & Migraine Relief FAQs
Headache and migraine pain can be debilitating, especially when not addressed quickly. We have put together some frequently asked questions about the causes of these types of pains, how they are different, and how our chiropractors at Douglasdale Family Chiropractic in Southeast Calgary can help you enjoy more pain-free days.
What Is the Difference Between a Headache and Migraine?
Both headaches and migraines can cause pain, but the location and severity of the pain usually vary between the two. Headaches can produce pain anywhere around the head, upper neck, and face. They often vary in severity and frequency.
A migraine is a neurological issue that typically involves intense throbbing pain. Sufferers usually experience other problems with migraines, such as nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. Migraines can last anywhere from a few hours to days, during which time the sufferer has trouble carrying out everyday activities.
What Causes Headaches and Migraines?
Headaches can be caused by many things that include everything from being hungry to more serious complications. However, the following are some of the most common causes:
- Sleep habits and positions: how you sleep, your sleep schedule, and how well you sleep
- Stress and tension
- Poor posture
- Holding your head in one position for a long time
What Causes a Migraine?
There is no one common cause of migraines. It is more about what irritates the sufferer's nervous system, causing the heart to beat faster and the blood vessels to constrict. This might include certain foods, sounds, an extreme amount of stress, fearful situations, and more.
How Can A Chiropractor Relieve Headache & Migraine Pain?
A chiropractor can provide a natural, non-invasive treatment plan for headache and migraine sufferers. The treatment will depend largely on the cause of the pain and your triggers. Some common ways chiropractic care helps include:
- Providing spinal adjustments to help realign your spine and provide relief to the joints.
- Guide you through exercises that improve flexibility and balance and strengthen your neck muscles. This can help current pain as well as prevent future pain.
- Use massage therapy to relieve tension and rid the body of stress.
- Suggest lifestyle changes that can prevent or minimize migraine and headache pain.
Contact Our Chiropractors in Southeast Calgary
There is no reason for you to suffer another day when natural and effective pain relief is available. Call our team at Douglasdale Family Chiropractic today at (403) 279-2229 to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors.